Monday 5 December 2011

Production interview

Who are your inspirations in the music industry?
I absolutely love Florence and The Machine. Florence is amazing and beauitufl and her voice is so amazing.
Is there any pressure in becoming a singer, if you’re not well known, as you haven’t come from a TV show, like X Factor?
I auditioned for X Factor and got through to bootcamp, but didn’t make it to the judges houses and I just found X Factor to add pressure, because if I went through to the live shows and went out in the first week, it would have been harder to try and to find someone to sign me.
Do you ever get any haters on social networks?
I like some of the attention, as people are always supporting me, but you do get the few haters, who just write really discouraging things, like death threats. You just have to learn to ignore them, because for every hater I get, there are about 10 fans.
Do you get nervous before you perform on stage?
Except X Factor, I’ve only performed on stage once, it was for Leeds tree lighting, but it was amazing. I was nervous while I was waiting to go on stage, but when I started singing all the nerves went away. I knew that this is what I wanted to do.
Who would you like to go on tour with?
I would’ve loved to have gone on tour with One Direction, because most of my fans are One Direction fans, as it was Harry Styles who told people about my singing.
If you could do a duet with anyone, who would it be?
Florence and the Machines, because she is an indie singer, but shows a different side to indie and I would love to have my music to show a different side to indie too.
If you didn't become a singer, what everyday occupation would you have liked?
I would’ve liked to be a drama teacher, as I love drama and there’s always some singing in performing! I’m so glad I got to be  singer though, because after everything that has happened, I feel like the luckiest girl in the World, I mean, it was only just over a year ago I was noticed on YouTube.
What did you want to be when you were younger?
I've always wanted to be asinger! I started writing songs when I was 9, and I’ve kept them all, but Sam, from Seb Collective, said he loved Highest and thought it’d be ideal for a first single. I’m so excited for Highest to be released and I hope my little Becca beauties will buy it, and maybe I’ll get even more fans if it gets in the charts.
Do eccentric fans get annoying?
Not at all! I find the support to be amazing, people have been so nice. The welcome into the music industry and the fans are behind me, it really helps me knowing that when I bring out my debut single in February, I know people have been supporting me from the start.
What advice would you give to anyone who wants to be in the music or acting industry?
Always be yourself, if you pretend to be someone else, people will notice and won’t like you, as you’ll be ‘fake’.  And always follow your dreams.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment